Gift giving can be stressful for both the gift giver and the recipient. As a gift giver, you want to find just the right thing. As a recipient, you may feel stressed out by the thought of finding places for these new things. I am personally a fan of “experience” gifts. I love finding fun things to do with the ones I love or give them an opportunity to get out and have a fun experience.
With the being said, stuff and gifts are tricky because what one person calls clutter, another person may not.
To me, the definition of a non-clutter gift would be experiences or things that are: fun, useful, or add value to your life (i.e. make you happy).
When looking for a gift ask yourself these 3 questions:
- Is it consumable?
- Would they prefer an experience?
- Is it useful in many context or extremely useful for one?
Here is a list of things I think most people would enjoy.
- Zoo or Museum Membership
- Subscription Service – one that I love is the We Cook Kits by Baby Boy Bakery
- Waterpark Passes
- Lessons (sports, music or a hobby)
- Money- for college fund or if they are saving for a car
- Art Supplies- because they are usable
*There are some toys that I would consider to be non-clutter toys because either last, are part of a set that can be built upon, promote free play or can be played with a ton
- Magna Tiles
- Dress-up/ Costumes
- Swing set
- Sports balls
- Spa Gift Card
- Nice Beauty Product Gift Set
- Artifact Uprising Gift Voucher- Help her get her pictures organized
- Wine of the Month Subscription
- Tabulated Gift Card for Lifestyle Management-She will love having help running errands and getting caught up around the house
- Cleaning Service Gift Card
- Audible Subscription- For the readers on the go
- Tickets to a play or movie
- Pay for a baby sitter- Every mom deserves a break
- Tickets to a game or show
- Beer of the Month Subscription
- Gift Card to a local butcher- this is often my go to gift
- Gourmet Snacks
- Amazon Fire Stick
- Lawn Serice Gift Voucher
- Tabulated Gift Card for Garage Organization
For Teachers or Hostess:
- Nice set of shops with a great to-do list or a set of dish towels
- Wine/ Liquor- They can save it for later or serve at the party
- Gift Card for Dinner
- Gift Card for Coffee
- Gift Card for the movies or a show
- Cookie Mix
- Tabulated Gift Card to have their classroom organized
- Netflix or Hulu Subscription
- Amazon Prime Membership
- Gift Cards for dinner, groceries or entertainment
Please note I am not paid for any of these recommendations, they are strictly my option.